February 28, 2011

Simple Smoked Salmon Sandwich

As I stated in a previous post, we always turn to these pressed sandwiches for dinner because they're easy to make and I always have the ingredients for them. I have two main variations of these pressed sandwiches, the first being the previous mushroom and onion sandwich I posted, and the second one being the smoked salmon one:

DISH smoked salmon sandwich

INGREDIENTS
Nova smoked salmon
onions
mushrooms
whole wheat bread
avocado
tomatoes
lettuce
cheese

HOW TO
1) On a slice of bread, layer on cheese (I used mozzarella cheese cause it was the only cheese I had at the time), slices of tomato, slices of avocado, and the smoked salmon.
2) In a pan, saute some chopped onion and mushrooms and sprinkle some salt, pepper, and basil on top.
3) Add the onion and mushrooms onto sandwich and top with some lettuce.
4) Cover top with a slice of bread and put into sandwich presser.

DANKNESS FACTOR 7/10

COMMENTS/TIPS
     I always have to have smoked salmon in my fridge because I have the occasional fish craving and it also satisfies my occasional salt craving (which I get often). So smoked salmon in my sandwiches are a big plus. When I have smoked gouda in my fridge, my sandwich usually consists of: smoked gouda, tomatoes, smoked salmon, avocado, and lettuce. Simple but the ingredients go so well together. I'm a huge fan of pressed sandwiches, well actually sandwiches in general. They're easy to make and almost always turn out delicious.
     I love these sandwiches; they have a good texture, the onions and lettuce give it a nice crunch, and the smoked salmon has great flavor. It's paired well with a nice slice of gouda, but we had to substitute mozzarella, and it tasted great anyways. A great item to have a few times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment